UPDATE: CHP Releases Names Of People Killed Or Injured In Vacaville Crash
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
VACAVILLE (CBS13) – The names of the people killed or injured in the deadly Vacaville crash on Saturday evening have been released by the CHP
The people who died were identified by CHP Officer Chris Parker as Gilberto Guzman Jr., 19, who was the driver, and Christine Brinsley, 16. The surviving passengers are Anthony Markham, 16, Amber Shryack, 17, and Samantha King, 18. All five of the people involved are from Vacaville.
The teens were reportedly on their way back from a trip to Lake Berryessa when the crash happened.
Witnesses told CHP the truck was speeding before it flipped over. All five teens weren’t wearing seatbelts, CHP says, and bottles of alcohol were found inside the truck.
The three teens still in the hospital all have critical injuries, including major head and internal trauma.
Counselors were on hand at Vacaville High School where Brinsley and two of the injured students attended.
California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control investigators say alcohol may have been a factor.
Friends and family of the teens gathered at the crash site Sunday.