Sac State University Parking Structure Closed After Vehicle Hits Wall
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A parking garage at Sac State University has been closed after a vehicle reportedly hit a wall inside the structure.
The incident reportedly happened between 7:15 a.m. and 9 a.m. at Parking Structure 1, according to the Sac State Hornet.
The newspaper quotes a parking services spokesperson, Tony Lucas, who said the vehicle hit the wall with enough force to push back a portion of the wall. Pieces of concrete came loose, fell, and broke one of the vehicle’s windshields.
The structure remains open to faculty, but with some sections closed off, according to a Sac State police statement. Those areas could remain closed until the end of the current semester. A structural engineer will examine the structure to measure the extent of the damage.
The student entrance remains closed for the next two days for repairs. Students can enter the structure at the staff/faculty entrance and park on the third floor above the student spaces, according to a school statement posted to Facebook.
Police are searching for the driver who caused the damage.