Rio Linda Man Convicted Of Murdering Roommate
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Rio Linda man has been found guilty of second-degree murder for the death of 51-year-old Julia Bullinger Ray, the District Attorney’s office announced Wednesday.
Stephen Brainard was said to have been Ray’s boyfriend. Brainard and Bullinger eventually broke up, but he continued to live at her Rio Linda home.
Prosecutors said that on April 30, 2013, Brainard went into Bullinger’s bedroom and shot her three times. He had disabled all the phones in the room just before the shooting.
An hours-long standoff between Brainard and authorities ensued. But he eventually surrendered peacefully and was arrested.
Brainard was convicted by jury of second-degree murder. His sentencing will be on May 9.