Rio Linda Man Convicted Of Murdering Roommate
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Rio Linda man has been found guilty of second-degree murder for the death of 51-year-old Julia Bullinger Ray, the District Attorney’s office announced Wednesday.
Stephen Brainard was said to have been Ray’s boyfriend. Brainard and Bullinger eventually broke up, but he continued to live at her Rio Linda home.
Prosecutors said that on April 30, 2013, Brainard went into Bullinger’s bedroom and shot her three times. He had disabled all the phones in the room just before the shooting.
An hours-long standoff between Brainard and authorities ensued. But he eventually surrendered peacefully and was arrested.
Brainard was convicted by jury of second-degree murder. His sentencing will be on May 9.