Rio Linda Man Convicted Of Murdering Roommate
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Rio Linda man has been found guilty of second-degree murder for the death of 51-year-old Julia Bullinger Ray, the District Attorney’s office announced Wednesday.
Stephen Brainard was said to have been Ray’s boyfriend. Brainard and Bullinger eventually broke up, but he continued to live at her Rio Linda home.
Prosecutors said that on April 30, 2013, Brainard went into Bullinger’s bedroom and shot her three times. He had disabled all the phones in the room just before the shooting.
An hours-long standoff between Brainard and authorities ensued. But he eventually surrendered peacefully and was arrested.
Brainard was convicted by jury of second-degree murder. His sentencing will be on May 9.