Rio Linda Man Convicted Of Murdering Roommate
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Rio Linda man has been found guilty of second-degree murder for the death of 51-year-old Julia Bullinger Ray, the District Attorney’s office announced Wednesday.
Stephen Brainard was said to have been Ray’s boyfriend. Brainard and Bullinger eventually broke up, but he continued to live at her Rio Linda home.
Prosecutors said that on April 30, 2013, Brainard went into Bullinger’s bedroom and shot her three times. He had disabled all the phones in the room just before the shooting.
An hours-long standoff between Brainard and authorities ensued. But he eventually surrendered peacefully and was arrested.
Brainard was convicted by jury of second-degree murder. His sentencing will be on May 9.