Police: Woman’s Body Found In Fairfield Canal
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – The body of a woman was found in the Putah Creek Canal Thursday morning, Fairfield Police say.
Officers were called to the 3200 block of N. Texas Street a little before 8 a.m., according to a release from the Fairfield Police Department. At the scene, they found the body of a woman.
The woman’s identity is not known.
Due to the canal being property of the U.S. Government, the Fairfield Police Department is working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the case.
Anyone with information about who the incident is asked to call Fairfield Police at (707) 428-7600.