Police: Woman’s Body Found In Fairfield Canal
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FAIRFIELD (CBS13) – The body of a woman was found in the Putah Creek Canal Thursday morning, Fairfield Police say.
Officers were called to the 3200 block of N. Texas Street a little before 8 a.m., according to a release from the Fairfield Police Department. At the scene, they found the body of a woman.
The woman’s identity is not known.
Due to the canal being property of the U.S. Government, the Fairfield Police Department is working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation on the case.
Anyone with information about who the incident is asked to call Fairfield Police at (707) 428-7600.