Two Dead In Arden-Arcade Homicide At Howe Avenue Apartment
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — Two people were killed in a shooting at an Arden-Arcade apartment complex on Thursday morning, according to Sacramento County Sheriff”s investigators
A call came in at midnight on Thursday to the Northwood Apartments on Howe Avenue reporting a shooting at the complex. When deputies arrived, they found a man and a woman wounded inside a car. The man was pronounced dead at the scene, while the woman was taken to the hospital where she later died from her wounds.
There were reports of people running from the scene, but investigators have no suspect descriptions or witnesses to the shooting at this time.
Some residents after a late night of work were steered away from the Howe Avenue entrance to the complex, and instead were told to use the Cottage Way entrance.
Residents awaking Thursday morning to the scene expressed their shock at such a violent crime.
“I mean, it does happen – especially around this area. Obviously, this isn’t the nicest area. But it’s [still] terrible,” said resident Fransisco Arisaga.
Another resident said that, due to this incident, they will be leaving the complex and moving to Auburn.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.