South Sacramento Shooting Leaves 1 Teen Dead
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – An 18-year-old man is dead and another teen is recovering after a shooting in South Sacramento early Saturday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight, Sacramento Sheriff’s Spokesperson Lisa Bowman says, along the 5600 block of Sampson Boulevard. Detectives believe that a small party had been taking place at a home in the area when some uninvited guests showed up, sparking a confrontation.
Detectives believe that the confrontation escalated to a shooting in the backyard.
An 18-year-old and another victim in his late teens were found wounded at the scene by responding deputies. The 18-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, Bowman says, while the other teen was taken to the hospital. Bowman says the other teen is expected to fully recover.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115.