South Sacramento Shooting Leaves 1 Teen Dead
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – An 18-year-old man is dead and another teen is recovering after a shooting in South Sacramento early Saturday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight, Sacramento Sheriff’s Spokesperson Lisa Bowman says, along the 5600 block of Sampson Boulevard. Detectives believe that a small party had been taking place at a home in the area when some uninvited guests showed up, sparking a confrontation.
Detectives believe that the confrontation escalated to a shooting in the backyard.
An 18-year-old and another victim in his late teens were found wounded at the scene by responding deputies. The 18-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, Bowman says, while the other teen was taken to the hospital. Bowman says the other teen is expected to fully recover.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115.