South Sacramento Shooting Leaves 1 Teen Dead
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – An 18-year-old man is dead and another teen is recovering after a shooting in South Sacramento early Saturday morning.
The incident happened just after midnight, Sacramento Sheriff’s Spokesperson Lisa Bowman says, along the 5600 block of Sampson Boulevard. Detectives believe that a small party had been taking place at a home in the area when some uninvited guests showed up, sparking a confrontation.
Detectives believe that the confrontation escalated to a shooting in the backyard.
An 18-year-old and another victim in his late teens were found wounded at the scene by responding deputies. The 18-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene, Bowman says, while the other teen was taken to the hospital. Bowman says the other teen is expected to fully recover.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department at (916) 874-5115.