Marilyn Monroe Earrings Auctioned For $185K
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A pair of rhinestone earrings Marilyn Monroe wore to a 1955 Hollywood film premiere have sold at auction for $185,000.
Julien’s Auctions said in a statement Sunday that the actress wore the jewelry when she attended the opening of “The Rose Tattoo.”
Monroe did not appear in the film based on a Tennessee Williams play.
The price included a 20 percent commission for the auction house.
The buyer was a foreign collector. The auction house does not release the names of buyers.
The sale was part of a two-day auction of Hollywood memorabilia Friday and Saturday at Julien’s Beverly Hills gallery.
A lighter used by Humphrey Bogart sold for $19,200, and a 1986 Pontiac Firebird owned by David Hasselhoff was purchased for $152,600.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.