Man Pleads Not Guilty In 2008 Sword Slaying
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LANCASTER (AP) — A man has pleaded not guilty to killing his girlfriend with a sword in front of her four children in Lancaster nearly six years ago.
City News Service says 34-year-old Jesus Canales entered his plea Monday to charges including murder and child abuse.
Canales, who was profiled on the television show “America’s Most Wanted: America Fights Back,” eluded capture until last November. He was tracked down by Mexican authorities in the town of Jalisco and turned over to U.S. marshals.
The El Salvador native is accused of killing 26-year-old Lucy Preciado with a sword at her Lancaster apartment in 2008. Preciado’s then-9-year-old daughter called 911 to plead for help for her wounded mother.
Canales is due back in court May 2.
If convicted as charged, he faces 30 years to life in state prison.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.