UPDATE: Woman, Child Killed In High-Speed Interstate 80 Crash Near Madison Avenue
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman and a child are dead after single-car accident that has closed westbound Interstate 80 on Thursday afternoon, after witnesses say the car was being chased.
A red Nissan Pathfinder collided with a tree just west of Madison Avenue around 2 p.m. on Thursday.
A woman and a child in a car seat were killed in the crash. An older child is currently in critical condition.
An off-duty officer spotted the Nissan Pathfinder moving at a high rate of speed and erratically on Interstate 80. The officer called it in on the radio inside the car and followed the car. The car had no lights or sirens, so it’s not considered an official chase.