UPDATE: Woman, Child Killed In High-Speed Interstate 80 Crash Near Madison Avenue
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman and a child are dead after single-car accident that has closed westbound Interstate 80 on Thursday afternoon, after witnesses say the car was being chased.
A red Nissan Pathfinder collided with a tree just west of Madison Avenue around 2 p.m. on Thursday.
A woman and a child in a car seat were killed in the crash. An older child is currently in critical condition.
An off-duty officer spotted the Nissan Pathfinder moving at a high rate of speed and erratically on Interstate 80. The officer called it in on the radio inside the car and followed the car. The car had no lights or sirens, so it’s not considered an official chase.