UPDATE: Woman, Child Killed In High-Speed Interstate 80 Crash Near Madison Avenue
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman and a child are dead after single-car accident that has closed westbound Interstate 80 on Thursday afternoon, after witnesses say the car was being chased.
A red Nissan Pathfinder collided with a tree just west of Madison Avenue around 2 p.m. on Thursday.
A woman and a child in a car seat were killed in the crash. An older child is currently in critical condition.
An off-duty officer spotted the Nissan Pathfinder moving at a high rate of speed and erratically on Interstate 80. The officer called it in on the radio inside the car and followed the car. The car had no lights or sirens, so it’s not considered an official chase.