Man Posing As SMUD Worker Robs Elk Grove Woman
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Police in Elk Grove are looking for the man wanted for robbing a woman while posing as a worker for the Sacramento Municipal Utility District.
The incident happened back on April 10 around 9:30 p.m., the Elk Grove Police Department says. A 55-year-old woman was reportedly at her 7600 block of Glenbain Way home when someone rang her doorbell. She answered after the man identified himself as a worker for SMUD doing some sort of follow-up work.
Once inside, however, the man pulled out a gun and pointed it at the woman, demanding money from her. She gave him some money and he took off, police say.
A sketch of the suspect has been released by Elk Grove Police. He is said to be about 30 to 40 years old, about 5’5’’ tall, and had short, sandy blond hair at the time of the incident.
Anyone who recognizes the suspect is asked to call the Elk Grove Police Department at (916) 478-8060.