Teen Sentenced In Oakland Toddler’s Killing
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (AP) — An 18-year-old convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of a toddler during the filming of a rap video in Oakland has been sentenced to 25 years to life in state prison.
Frederick Coleman was sentenced in Alameda County Superior Court on Thursday as part of a plea deal with prosecutors in January.
Coleman was charged as an adult with murder and attempted murder in the 2011 attack outside a liquor store.
Authorities say 23-month-old Hiram Lawrence Jr. was shot in the head when Coleman and two other Acorn gang members opened fire. Six others, including the boy’s father, were wounded.
Hiram died 11 days later.
Two other suspects accused in the shooting are being prosecuted in federal court.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.