Teen Sentenced In Oakland Toddler’s Killing
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND (AP) — An 18-year-old convicted of first-degree murder in the shooting death of a toddler during the filming of a rap video in Oakland has been sentenced to 25 years to life in state prison.
Frederick Coleman was sentenced in Alameda County Superior Court on Thursday as part of a plea deal with prosecutors in January.
Coleman was charged as an adult with murder and attempted murder in the 2011 attack outside a liquor store.
Authorities say 23-month-old Hiram Lawrence Jr. was shot in the head when Coleman and two other Acorn gang members opened fire. Six others, including the boy’s father, were wounded.
Hiram died 11 days later.
Two other suspects accused in the shooting are being prosecuted in federal court.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.