Sheriff: Man In Fishing Competition Dies When Boat Hits Bridge
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a man participating in a fishing competition was killed after a boat he was riding in struck a bridge on a Northern California river.
Contra Costa County sheriff’s authorities said the man’s body was found in the water nearly six hours after Saturday’s crash near Cruiser Haven Marina in Brentwood.
Sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee said another man who was on the boat suffered minor injuries in the crash and was treated at the scene.
Sheriff’s Lt. Scott Haggard told the Contra Costa Times (http://bit.ly/1iAoWYQ ) the men were participating in a bass fishing competition.
He said alcohol was not considered a factor in the accident, and didn’t know whether the boat was speeding when it struck the railroad bridge.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.