Sheriff: Man In Fishing Competition Dies When Boat Hits Bridge
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a man participating in a fishing competition was killed after a boat he was riding in struck a bridge on a Northern California river.
Contra Costa County sheriff’s authorities said the man’s body was found in the water nearly six hours after Saturday’s crash near Cruiser Haven Marina in Brentwood.
Sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee said another man who was on the boat suffered minor injuries in the crash and was treated at the scene.
Sheriff’s Lt. Scott Haggard told the Contra Costa Times (http://bit.ly/1iAoWYQ ) the men were participating in a bass fishing competition.
He said alcohol was not considered a factor in the accident, and didn’t know whether the boat was speeding when it struck the railroad bridge.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.