Sheriff: Man In Fishing Competition Dies When Boat Hits Bridge
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
BRENTWOOD, Calif. (AP) – Authorities say a man participating in a fishing competition was killed after a boat he was riding in struck a bridge on a Northern California river.
Contra Costa County sheriff’s authorities said the man’s body was found in the water nearly six hours after Saturday’s crash near Cruiser Haven Marina in Brentwood.
Sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee said another man who was on the boat suffered minor injuries in the crash and was treated at the scene.
Sheriff’s Lt. Scott Haggard told the Contra Costa Times (http://bit.ly/1iAoWYQ ) the men were participating in a bass fishing competition.
He said alcohol was not considered a factor in the accident, and didn’t know whether the boat was speeding when it struck the railroad bridge.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.