Utah Boy, 2, Dies After Accidental Shooting By Sister, 3, With Rifle
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
LOGAN, Utah (AP) – A 2-year-old Utah boy has died after being accidentally shot by his 3-year-old sister with a rifle.
Cache County sheriff’s Lt. Mike Peterson says the boy was shot in the stomach with a .22-caliber rifle Friday evening in the family’s home in College Ward.
He says the rifle had been used earlier in the day by the boy’s father and was set down in the living room area after he returned home.
All family members were home and the boy’s mother immediately called for assistance.
The boy died later Friday night at a hospital.
Peterson says while investigators believe the shooting was accidental, they’ll submit a report to the county Attorney’s Office for review. The office will determine whether any charges are filed.
The victim’s name wasn’t immediately released.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.