Utah Boy, 2, Dies After Accidental Shooting By Sister, 3, With Rifle
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
LOGAN, Utah (AP) – A 2-year-old Utah boy has died after being accidentally shot by his 3-year-old sister with a rifle.
Cache County sheriff’s Lt. Mike Peterson says the boy was shot in the stomach with a .22-caliber rifle Friday evening in the family’s home in College Ward.
He says the rifle had been used earlier in the day by the boy’s father and was set down in the living room area after he returned home.
All family members were home and the boy’s mother immediately called for assistance.
The boy died later Friday night at a hospital.
Peterson says while investigators believe the shooting was accidental, they’ll submit a report to the county Attorney’s Office for review. The office will determine whether any charges are filed.
The victim’s name wasn’t immediately released.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.