Utah Boy, 2, Dies After Accidental Shooting By Sister, 3, With Rifle
Don't Miss This
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- Vandals Key ‘Murder’ Into Tuolumne Veteran’s Vehicle, Rip Up Bumper Sticker
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 530 Fatties Facebook Page Targeted Overweight, Obese Yuba-Sutter Residents
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
Get Breaking News First
LOGAN, Utah (AP) – A 2-year-old Utah boy has died after being accidentally shot by his 3-year-old sister with a rifle.
Cache County sheriff’s Lt. Mike Peterson says the boy was shot in the stomach with a .22-caliber rifle Friday evening in the family’s home in College Ward.
He says the rifle had been used earlier in the day by the boy’s father and was set down in the living room area after he returned home.
All family members were home and the boy’s mother immediately called for assistance.
The boy died later Friday night at a hospital.
Peterson says while investigators believe the shooting was accidental, they’ll submit a report to the county Attorney’s Office for review. The office will determine whether any charges are filed.
The victim’s name wasn’t immediately released.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.