Investigators Identify Teen Hit And Killed By Driver In Manteca
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MANTECA (CBS13) – The identity of the teen allegedly hit and killed by a teen driver has been released.
Zachariah Gomez, 14, died at the hospital after being hit by a car allegedly driven by 19-year-old Mia Sara Aguiar, according to Lt. Mike Jones with the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department.
Gomez was reportedly walking with three other teens on Yosemite Road just after 1 a.m. Saturday when Aguiar allegedly reached for her phone, veered off the road and hit the group.
Aguiar was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators do not believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.