Investigators Identify Teen Hit And Killed By Driver In Manteca
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – The identity of the teen allegedly hit and killed by a teen driver has been released.
Zachariah Gomez, 14, died at the hospital after being hit by a car allegedly driven by 19-year-old Mia Sara Aguiar, according to Lt. Mike Jones with the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department.
Gomez was reportedly walking with three other teens on Yosemite Road just after 1 a.m. Saturday when Aguiar allegedly reached for her phone, veered off the road and hit the group.
Aguiar was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators do not believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.