Investigators Identify Teen Hit And Killed By Driver In Manteca
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – The identity of the teen allegedly hit and killed by a teen driver has been released.
Zachariah Gomez, 14, died at the hospital after being hit by a car allegedly driven by 19-year-old Mia Sara Aguiar, according to Lt. Mike Jones with the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department.
Gomez was reportedly walking with three other teens on Yosemite Road just after 1 a.m. Saturday when Aguiar allegedly reached for her phone, veered off the road and hit the group.
Aguiar was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators do not believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.