Investigators Identify Teen Hit And Killed By Driver In Manteca
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA (CBS13) – The identity of the teen allegedly hit and killed by a teen driver has been released.
Zachariah Gomez, 14, died at the hospital after being hit by a car allegedly driven by 19-year-old Mia Sara Aguiar, according to Lt. Mike Jones with the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Department.
Gomez was reportedly walking with three other teens on Yosemite Road just after 1 a.m. Saturday when Aguiar allegedly reached for her phone, veered off the road and hit the group.
Aguiar was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail on charges of vehicular manslaughter.
Investigators do not believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.