Man Arrested For Allegedly Breaking Into Stockton Church
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man is behind bars for allegedly burglarizing a church – the same one that was burglarized last week.
On Sunday night at around 11:30 police received a call reporting a suspicious person at a church in the 2600 block of E. Poplar Street, according to a Stockton Police Dept. statement. Officers arrived at the church and determined someone had forced their way inside the building and was getting ready to steal some things when he suddenly left.
Police searched nearby and found Anthony Wingfield, 40, who is on probation for commercial burglary. They took him into custody without incident.
Police discovered the church had been burglarized last week and Wingfield allegedly had some of the stolen property. Wingfield was arrested on charges of burglary and possession of stolen property.