Man Arrested For Allegedly Breaking Into Stockton Church
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man is behind bars for allegedly burglarizing a church – the same one that was burglarized last week.
On Sunday night at around 11:30 police received a call reporting a suspicious person at a church in the 2600 block of E. Poplar Street, according to a Stockton Police Dept. statement. Officers arrived at the church and determined someone had forced their way inside the building and was getting ready to steal some things when he suddenly left.
Police searched nearby and found Anthony Wingfield, 40, who is on probation for commercial burglary. They took him into custody without incident.
Police discovered the church had been burglarized last week and Wingfield allegedly had some of the stolen property. Wingfield was arrested on charges of burglary and possession of stolen property.