Sacramento Kings’ Doors Will Come From Maker Of Massive Space-X Entrance
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings are in the final negotiations with the company who built the massive doors at Space-X’s headquarters to build the entrance to a new arena.
Schweiss Doors owner Michael Schweiss says the Kings doors will be as high as the Space-X doors—the tallest he’s ever made.
“They’re thinking out of the box,” he said. Just the shape of them when they’re wide open, they take a different pitch to them a different degree. I always say that it looks like a ‘V’ sideways,” he said.
The company also built the bi-folding doors at Red Bull’s Santa Monica headquarters that open up to a massive skateboard platform.
Arena supporters are hoping those doors swing open to a new era in Sacramento, ditching downtown’s emptiness for energy.