Sacramento Kings’ Doors Will Come From Maker Of Massive Space-X Entrance
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Kings are in the final negotiations with the company who built the massive doors at Space-X’s headquarters to build the entrance to a new arena.
Schweiss Doors owner Michael Schweiss says the Kings doors will be as high as the Space-X doors—the tallest he’s ever made.
“They’re thinking out of the box,” he said. Just the shape of them when they’re wide open, they take a different pitch to them a different degree. I always say that it looks like a ‘V’ sideways,” he said.
The company also built the bi-folding doors at Red Bull’s Santa Monica headquarters that open up to a massive skateboard platform.
Arena supporters are hoping those doors swing open to a new era in Sacramento, ditching downtown’s emptiness for energy.