Suspect Captured In South Sacramento Group Home Homicide
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A suspect in a group home homicide in South Sacramento was arrested on Wednesday afternoon.
Matthew Drake is accused of beating a woman to death in a group home on Matson Drive.
Michael Ramirez shares the adult group home for those on the rebound with four other people. He says he was in the bedroom next door when it happened, but didn’t hear anything.
Detectives believe the Drake is known to the victim and her death does not appear to be a random attack.
“It’s scary how people can just disappear and be gone like that,” Ramirez said.
He says all the roommates were questioned and released. The last time he saw her alive was when she invited a man into the house and took him to her bedroom, where detectives would find her bloody and beaten.
Neighbors didn’t hear anything either. Jose Lumbreran lives next door and occasionally cuts their yard.
“I was there yesterday, matter of fact, but I didn’t hear anything,” he said.
Ramirez says the roommates are still shaken.
Drake was arrested along Winnett Way. Police believe he changed his clothing, and are asking the public to be on the lookout for potentially bloody clothing.