Woman, 24, Arrested For Lighting Fires At Yolo Courthouse
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A West Sacramento resident has been arrested for lighting fires at the Yolo County courthouse Wednesday.
Yolo County officials say that 24-year-old Vanessa Arlene River turned herself in Wednesday night. She was reportedly accompanied by two Yolo County deputy public defenders when the turned herself in.
After talking with investigators, Rivers was arrested and charged with arson and vandalism.
The fires she’s accused of setting were discovered by courthouse personnel Wednesday morning. All four entrances to the courthouse were found to have been damaged by fires. Detectives believe that the fires were set between 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. The building was closed until 10 a.m. Wednesday as authorities investigated.
Rivers is now being held at the Yolo County Monroe Detention Center. She is scheduled to be arraigned at the same courthouse she is suspected of burning at 1:30 p.m. Friday.