Woman, 24, Arrested For Lighting Fires At Yolo Courthouse
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) – A West Sacramento resident has been arrested for lighting fires at the Yolo County courthouse Wednesday.
Yolo County officials say that 24-year-old Vanessa Arlene River turned herself in Wednesday night. She was reportedly accompanied by two Yolo County deputy public defenders when the turned herself in.
After talking with investigators, Rivers was arrested and charged with arson and vandalism.
The fires she’s accused of setting were discovered by courthouse personnel Wednesday morning. All four entrances to the courthouse were found to have been damaged by fires. Detectives believe that the fires were set between 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and 12:30 a.m. Wednesday. The building was closed until 10 a.m. Wednesday as authorities investigated.
Rivers is now being held at the Yolo County Monroe Detention Center. She is scheduled to be arraigned at the same courthouse she is suspected of burning at 1:30 p.m. Friday.