NTSB Releases Initial Report On Orland Crash
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ORLAND (AP) – The drivers of a FedEx truck and bus that collided in a fiery accident earlier this month both started their work days in Sacramento.
Federal accident investigators released a preliminary report Friday on the crash, which killed both drivers and eight bus passengers.
The FedEx driver had delivered two trailers to the far Northern California city of Weed and was on a return trip with two other trailers when he lost control and crossed the median into oncoming traffic on Interstate 5.
The report by the National Transportation Safety Board did not address why the driver lost control April 10.
The bus was chartered to bring Los Angeles-area high school seniors for a visit to Humboldt State University. Its driver took over the trip in Sacramento.
Read the full report here.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.