NTSB Releases Initial Report On Orland Crash
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ORLAND (AP) – The drivers of a FedEx truck and bus that collided in a fiery accident earlier this month both started their work days in Sacramento.
Federal accident investigators released a preliminary report Friday on the crash, which killed both drivers and eight bus passengers.
The FedEx driver had delivered two trailers to the far Northern California city of Weed and was on a return trip with two other trailers when he lost control and crossed the median into oncoming traffic on Interstate 5.
The report by the National Transportation Safety Board did not address why the driver lost control April 10.
The bus was chartered to bring Los Angeles-area high school seniors for a visit to Humboldt State University. Its driver took over the trip in Sacramento.
Read the full report here.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press.