Sacramento Republic Expect To Set USL Pro Regular Season Record At Home Opener
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Republic’s first home game has officially sold out.
The team announced that Saturday’s game is expected to nearly double a regular-season record for a United Soccer League Professional Division game.
More than 20,000 fans are expected to cheer on the Republic in their inaugural home game against the Harrisburg City Islanders. That number dwarfs the current record of 10,697 in a 2013 match, but falls just short of the Orlando City SC’s record of 20,886 from the 2013 USL Pro Championship Game.
Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. game. For more information on the game, check out our guide.
The next game will be on May 3 against the Orange County Blues FC.