Sacramento Republic Expect To Set USL Pro Regular Season Record At Home Opener
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The Sacramento Republic’s first home game has officially sold out.
The team announced that Saturday’s game is expected to nearly double a regular-season record for a United Soccer League Professional Division game.
More than 20,000 fans are expected to cheer on the Republic in their inaugural home game against the Harrisburg City Islanders. That number dwarfs the current record of 10,697 in a 2013 match, but falls just short of the Orlando City SC’s record of 20,886 from the 2013 USL Pro Championship Game.
Gates will open at 5:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. game. For more information on the game, check out our guide.
The next game will be on May 3 against the Orange County Blues FC.