Fans Welcome Republic FC To Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It wasn’t the outcome everyone wanted, but there was no denying the incredible atmosphere at Sacramento Republic FC’s first home game.
The team lost the match at Sacramento City College’s Hughes Stadium 2-1 against the Harrisburg City Islanders. But, the team managed to set a record for attendance in a USL PRO regular season game with 20,231 fans at the pitch.
Republic FC’s goal was scored by Adam Jahn, a player on loan from the San Jose Earthquakes from Major League Soccer. Jahn headed the ball into the goal around the 32nd minute of the first half. The goal tied the game at 1-1.
But, the Islanders would answer in the second half on a tap in the 52nd minute between the keeper’s legs that put them ahead for good 2-1.
Republic FC will be moving to Bonney Field at Cal Expo in June. The new venue will seat about 8,000 people.