Fans Welcome Republic FC To Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It wasn’t the outcome everyone wanted, but there was no denying the incredible atmosphere at Sacramento Republic FC’s first home game.
The team lost the match at Sacramento City College’s Hughes Stadium 2-1 against the Harrisburg City Islanders. But, the team managed to set a record for attendance in a USL PRO regular season game with 20,231 fans at the pitch.
Republic FC’s goal was scored by Adam Jahn, a player on loan from the San Jose Earthquakes from Major League Soccer. Jahn headed the ball into the goal around the 32nd minute of the first half. The goal tied the game at 1-1.
But, the Islanders would answer in the second half on a tap in the 52nd minute between the keeper’s legs that put them ahead for good 2-1.
Republic FC will be moving to Bonney Field at Cal Expo in June. The new venue will seat about 8,000 people.