Fans Welcome Republic FC To Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It wasn’t the outcome everyone wanted, but there was no denying the incredible atmosphere at Sacramento Republic FC’s first home game.
The team lost the match at Sacramento City College’s Hughes Stadium 2-1 against the Harrisburg City Islanders. But, the team managed to set a record for attendance in a USL PRO regular season game with 20,231 fans at the pitch.
Republic FC’s goal was scored by Adam Jahn, a player on loan from the San Jose Earthquakes from Major League Soccer. Jahn headed the ball into the goal around the 32nd minute of the first half. The goal tied the game at 1-1.
But, the Islanders would answer in the second half on a tap in the 52nd minute between the keeper’s legs that put them ahead for good 2-1.
Republic FC will be moving to Bonney Field at Cal Expo in June. The new venue will seat about 8,000 people.