Fans Welcome Republic FC To Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It wasn’t the outcome everyone wanted, but there was no denying the incredible atmosphere at Sacramento Republic FC’s first home game.
The team lost the match at Sacramento City College’s Hughes Stadium 2-1 against the Harrisburg City Islanders. But, the team managed to set a record for attendance in a USL PRO regular season game with 20,231 fans at the pitch.
Republic FC’s goal was scored by Adam Jahn, a player on loan from the San Jose Earthquakes from Major League Soccer. Jahn headed the ball into the goal around the 32nd minute of the first half. The goal tied the game at 1-1.
But, the Islanders would answer in the second half on a tap in the 52nd minute between the keeper’s legs that put them ahead for good 2-1.
Republic FC will be moving to Bonney Field at Cal Expo in June. The new venue will seat about 8,000 people.