Placerville Man, 26, Accused Of Preying On Boy, 15
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested a Placerville man on charges he was preying on a 15-year-old boy – and they do not believe he was the only victim.
The investigation started back on April 14, when the boy contacted the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, telling them that a man had been sending him sexually suggestive text messages, pictures and videos by a man going by the name “Glenn Coco.” Investigators say that the man had been conversing with the boy for months, trying to “groom” the boy to become his partner.
Authorities were able to identify the man as 26-year-old Placerville resident Glenn O’Rourke. An arrest warrant was obtained and deputies launched a sting to arrest O’Rourke.
Detectives were able to use the boy’s cell phone to impersonate him and arrange a meeting with O’Rourke. Detectives soon arrested O’Rourke and he was booked at El Dorado County Jail on Friday.
O’Rourke is facing felony charges of contacting minor with intent to have sex. His bail has been set at $250,000.
Detectives are saying that they do not believe the boy is O’Rourke’s only victim. Anyone else who was possibly contacted or victimized by O’Rourke is asked to call Detective Rich Horn at (530) 642-4715.