Placerville Man, 26, Accused Of Preying On Boy, 15
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) – Detectives have arrested a Placerville man on charges he was preying on a 15-year-old boy – and they do not believe he was the only victim.
The investigation started back on April 14, when the boy contacted the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office, telling them that a man had been sending him sexually suggestive text messages, pictures and videos by a man going by the name “Glenn Coco.” Investigators say that the man had been conversing with the boy for months, trying to “groom” the boy to become his partner.
Authorities were able to identify the man as 26-year-old Placerville resident Glenn O’Rourke. An arrest warrant was obtained and deputies launched a sting to arrest O’Rourke.
Detectives were able to use the boy’s cell phone to impersonate him and arrange a meeting with O’Rourke. Detectives soon arrested O’Rourke and he was booked at El Dorado County Jail on Friday.
O’Rourke is facing felony charges of contacting minor with intent to have sex. His bail has been set at $250,000.
Detectives are saying that they do not believe the boy is O’Rourke’s only victim. Anyone else who was possibly contacted or victimized by O’Rourke is asked to call Detective Rich Horn at (530) 642-4715.