Sleeping Homeless Man Killed In Accident At Stockton Worksite
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A homeless man was killed Saturday morning by unknowing workers moving a storage bin.
Stockton Police say that an operations manager from SIMS Metal Management called police a little before 9 a.m. to report that the body of a man had been found by workers. The body was found in a metal storage bin.
Investigators believe that the man, who appears to be homeless, was sleeping in the bin. On top of the storage bin he was sleeping in was another storage bin. Police say a forklift operator was trying to move the upper bin when it shifted and fell into the lower bin, killing the man workers apparently didn’t notice.
The man has not yet been identified, police say.