Woman Accused Of Killing Child At East Bay Park
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
LIVERMORE (AP) — Authorities say they arrested a 23-year-old woman who stabbed her child to death at a popular park after attempting suicide.
The San Jose Mercury News reported on Saturday that the woman and her child went alone to the Del Valle Regional Park in the afternoon. The 41,000-acre park is located 10 miles south of Livermore, about 45 miles east of San Francisco.
The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office said it was unclear when the stabbing happened or what type of weapon was used.
Deputies tell the newspaper that they arrested the woman on suspicion of murder, and that she’s being held with no possibility of release on bail. The woman’s name was not immediately released.
The park remained open to the public as deputies investigated.
Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, http://www.mercurynews.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.