Woman Accused Of Killing Child At East Bay Park
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
LIVERMORE (AP) — Authorities say they arrested a 23-year-old woman who stabbed her child to death at a popular park after attempting suicide.
The San Jose Mercury News reported on Saturday that the woman and her child went alone to the Del Valle Regional Park in the afternoon. The 41,000-acre park is located 10 miles south of Livermore, about 45 miles east of San Francisco.
The Alameda County Sheriff’s Office said it was unclear when the stabbing happened or what type of weapon was used.
Deputies tell the newspaper that they arrested the woman on suspicion of murder, and that she’s being held with no possibility of release on bail. The woman’s name was not immediately released.
The park remained open to the public as deputies investigated.
Information from: San Jose (Calif.) Mercury News, http://www.mercurynews.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.