2 Small Planes Collide Over Bay; 1 Crashes, Other Lands Safely In Ione
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
RICHMOND (CBS13) – The FAA is saying that two small planes collided over San Pablo Bay, with one crashing into the water and the other landing in Ione.
According to preliminary information from the Federal Aviation Administration, the collision happened in midair near the Richmond Bridge around 4:05 p.m. Sunday. One plane is said to be a Cessna 210 and the other a Hawker Sea Fury TMK 20.
The Cessna is said to have crashed in the water and a search is underway to find the pilot. The Hawker was able to land safely at Eagle’s Nest Airport in Ione around 4:45 p.m., an FAA official said. According to KPIX, four Coast Guard boats and a Coast Guard helicopter are aiding in the search effort.
Only one person was in each plane at the time of the collision. Authorities do not know the condition of the Cessna pilot.
Tim Wegner, Amador County undersheriff, tells CBS13 that the pilots knew each other.
Both the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will be investigating the incident.