UPDATE: Woman Killed Outside Waterford Bar Identified
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
MODESTO (CBS13) – The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department has identified one of the victims of a shooting at a rural Waterford bar over the weekend.
Corrine Elizabeth Winter, 33, was shot and killed outside the El Rincon Del Pescadito Bar on Saturday night, according to the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department.
Deputies were called to the bar at around 11:30 p.m. on reports of a shooting. There they found Winter and a man lying in parking lot with gunshot wounds. The two died at the scene, deputies say.
Detectives quickly identified 20-year-old Alejandro Naranjo as the suspect. Deputies were soon at Naranjo’s Modesto home where they took him into custody.
Authorities are still investigating the incident and are interviewing witnesses to see if anyone else was involved.
Naranjo was booked in Stanislaus County Jail on two counts of murder and one count of attempted carjacking.