Rancho Murieta Hotel And Spa A Step Closer To Reality
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
RANCHO MURIETA (CBS13) — A small Sacramento County town is taking a big step that could change the face of its future as it overcomes a major hurdle to build a new hotel and event center.
The unanimous vote from the Sacramento County Planning Commission has the Rancho Murieta hotel project a step closer to accepting its first reservation.
The people in the small slice of Sacramento County wants a bigger piece of the pie when it comes to visitors spending money in their private community.
They’ve heard it for decades from the thousands of visitors who jump at the chance to the Murieta Equestrian Center for year-round events.
That wish is on its way to being granted as the commission gave the green light to an 83-room four-story hotel and spa. The 53-acre project will include an event center, shops and extended-stay condominiums.
Murieta resident Carol Anderson-Ward has been trying to for years to make it happen.
“This is the start of the big change,” she said.
But that big change comes with one big concern: the community had to agree to make improvements to its water treatment plant.
Now they’re ready to make big improvements in their small town.
The project still has to go before the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors for approval. Developers are hoping to have it open by next summer.