San Joaquin County DA Candidate Possibly In More Legal Trouble
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
A candidate for San Joaquin County District Attorney is possibly in trouble with the law after being accused by a man of assault.
Gary Hickey has not been arrested. Police are calling him a person of interest, and not a suspect in their investigation. It’s also worth nothing, this comes on the heels of Hickey’s arrest for something completely unrelated.
A man showed up at Lodi Memorial Hospital claiming the D.A. candidate punched him in the face and hit him with something hard enough to dislocate his hip. The brawl was allegedly over some kind of payment.
CBS13 went looking for Hickey at a couple of addresses. We spoke to Hickey’s brother, Larry, who claimed to know nothing about the fight that happened at this home.
LARRY: He’s not here
REPORTER: Are you OK? It looks like you’ve been in a fight.
LARRY: I fell down.
The investigation comes two weeks after Hickey was arrested at his home on suspicion of driving under the influence.
“I don’t think he has a drinking problem,” Larry said. “I haven’t seen him drinking.”
Gary Hickey denies the charges.
He was also charged last summer with a hit-and-run crash with a light pole.
Even so, some of Hickey’s neighbors still support his run for district attorney.
“We’ve lived here the same time about 20 years, and he’s been really nice he seems to try to help people so personally I would,” Francis Martinez said.