Fix 50 Phase 1 Ahead Of Schedule; Phase 2 To Begin Thursday
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Phase 1 of the eastbound Fix 50 work will finish five days early, Caltrans officials announced Wednesday.
Work on Eastbound Phase 2 is now going to begin Thursday evening. The new phase will move traffic from the outside lanes to the inside three lanes. The change-over is scheduled to start around 9 p.m. Thursday, Caltrans says.
If you happen to be trying to get through the area in the early morning, expect traffic breaks after midnight as crews will be working to take down the overhead signs.
By 5 a.m. Friday, the change-over will be complete. Eastbound Highway 50 work is now expected to be completed earlier than May 21, Caltrans says.
Phase 2 will require two on-ramps and two connectors to be closed throughout the work. Expect the following closures: the 11th Street on-ramp, the 16th Street on-ramp, the southbound Highway 99 connector, and the eastbound Business 80 connector.
Work on the westbound side will not being until May 27, after Memorial Day.