Fix 50 Phase 1 Ahead Of Schedule; Phase 2 To Begin Thursday
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Phase 1 of the eastbound Fix 50 work will finish five days early, Caltrans officials announced Wednesday.
Work on Eastbound Phase 2 is now going to begin Thursday evening. The new phase will move traffic from the outside lanes to the inside three lanes. The change-over is scheduled to start around 9 p.m. Thursday, Caltrans says.
If you happen to be trying to get through the area in the early morning, expect traffic breaks after midnight as crews will be working to take down the overhead signs.
By 5 a.m. Friday, the change-over will be complete. Eastbound Highway 50 work is now expected to be completed earlier than May 21, Caltrans says.
Phase 2 will require two on-ramps and two connectors to be closed throughout the work. Expect the following closures: the 11th Street on-ramp, the 16th Street on-ramp, the southbound Highway 99 connector, and the eastbound Business 80 connector.
Work on the westbound side will not being until May 27, after Memorial Day.