Detectives Piece Together Scene Of Sacramento County Woman’s Murder
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Authorities say that the woman found murdered inside her Sacramento County home Thursday morning was stabbed.
A large amount of blood was found at the scene of the murder, investigators said. Most of the blood is believed to be from 26-year-old victim Sara Douglas, but investigators believe that the suspect could have also been hurt at the scene, causing him to bleed.
The exact cause of Douglas’ death has not been determined, however.
Orville “Moe” Fleming, 55, has been identified as the suspect in Douglas’ murder, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department officials said. He is said to be a 24-year veteran of Cal Fire, most recently working as battalion chief to the academy in Ione. He is also said to have been Douglas’ fiancee.
Fleming took off from the scene before authorities showed up. He has not been located, but the Cal Fire truck he is suspected of driving was found abandoned on Apricot Woods Court in Elk Grove.
Investigators noted that Fleming has close family in Fresno and Clovis and he may be trying to get to that area. Family members of his have been contacted, however, and they’re said to be cooperating with authorities.
Authorities believe that Fleming might by suicidal. Anyone who knows where Fleming may be is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department immediately at (916) 874-5115.