Detectives Piece Together Scene Of Sacramento County Woman’s Murder
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) – Authorities say that the woman found murdered inside her Sacramento County home Thursday morning was stabbed.
A large amount of blood was found at the scene of the murder, investigators said. Most of the blood is believed to be from 26-year-old victim Sara Douglas, but investigators believe that the suspect could have also been hurt at the scene, causing him to bleed.
The exact cause of Douglas’ death has not been determined, however.
Orville “Moe” Fleming, 55, has been identified as the suspect in Douglas’ murder, Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department officials said. He is said to be a 24-year veteran of Cal Fire, most recently working as battalion chief to the academy in Ione. He is also said to have been Douglas’ fiancee.
Fleming took off from the scene before authorities showed up. He has not been located, but the Cal Fire truck he is suspected of driving was found abandoned on Apricot Woods Court in Elk Grove.
Investigators noted that Fleming has close family in Fresno and Clovis and he may be trying to get to that area. Family members of his have been contacted, however, and they’re said to be cooperating with authorities.
Authorities believe that Fleming might by suicidal. Anyone who knows where Fleming may be is asked to call the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department immediately at (916) 874-5115.