Police: Woman Kidnapped, Taken From Stockton To Livermore
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police have arrested a man suspected of taking a Stockton woman all the way to Livermore against her will.
Stockton police say that a 31-year-old woman had called a friend of her cousin around 8 a.m. Saturday, asking to get a ride over to north Stockton. The man is said to have picked her up and started driving south along Interstate 5.
But, the man – 37-year-old Raymon August – is said to have kept on driving way past Stockton. Police say the woman pleaded with the August to take her back to Stockton, but he wouldn’t relent.
The woman was able to call her mother and the mother reported the situation to 911.
California Highway Patrol officers were able to find the car, suspect and victim over 40 miles away from Stockton in Livermore.
August has been arrested on a kidnapping charge and an unrelated warrant. He has been booked at San Joaquin County Jail.