Modesto Man Arrested For Fatal Hit-And-Run
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police have arrested a man they say hit a woman with his car while drunk and left her to die.
The hit-and-run happened around 9:08 p.m. Saturday near McHenry and Bowen Avenues, Modesto Police say. A driver is said to have hit a woman pedestrian in the area, then caused another crash near Tokay and McHenry Avenues.
Officers who responded to the scene soon found that the woman in her 30’s was hit. She was taken to the hospital, but later succumbed to her injuries.
Police were able to catch up with the suspect driver a few minutes later along the 1700 block of Ruby Lane. The man – 27-year-old Modesto resident George Barbosa – was walking home when officers arrested him.
Barbosa looks to have been drunk when he hit the woman with his car, investigators say. He has since been booked on DUI murder, hit and run with injury and gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated charges.
Investigators are still looking for anyone with more information about the incident to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636.