Modesto Man Arrested For Fatal Hit-And-Run
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) – Police have arrested a man they say hit a woman with his car while drunk and left her to die.
The hit-and-run happened around 9:08 p.m. Saturday near McHenry and Bowen Avenues, Modesto Police say. A driver is said to have hit a woman pedestrian in the area, then caused another crash near Tokay and McHenry Avenues.
Officers who responded to the scene soon found that the woman in her 30’s was hit. She was taken to the hospital, but later succumbed to her injuries.
Police were able to catch up with the suspect driver a few minutes later along the 1700 block of Ruby Lane. The man – 27-year-old Modesto resident George Barbosa – was walking home when officers arrested him.
Barbosa looks to have been drunk when he hit the woman with his car, investigators say. He has since been booked on DUI murder, hit and run with injury and gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated charges.
Investigators are still looking for anyone with more information about the incident to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636.