Star Wars Fans Use ‘May The Fourth’ For Good
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Local Star Wars fans weren’t about to let Sunday go by without declaring “May the fourth be with you.”
They took advantage of the popular date – a play on the phrase popularized by the iconic movies, “May the Force be with you” – and turned it into a fundraising event.
People dressed up at the West Sacramento Civic Center for a day filled with video games, a costume parade and – of course – a lightsaber demonstration.
Organizers believe that more than 1,000 people showed up.
Half of proceeds from Sunday’s event will go to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, while the rest will go to the West Sacramento children’s programs and other local community organizations.