Star Wars Fans Use ‘May The Fourth’ For Good
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Local Star Wars fans weren’t about to let Sunday go by without declaring “May the fourth be with you.”
They took advantage of the popular date – a play on the phrase popularized by the iconic movies, “May the Force be with you” – and turned it into a fundraising event.
People dressed up at the West Sacramento Civic Center for a day filled with video games, a costume parade and – of course – a lightsaber demonstration.
Organizers believe that more than 1,000 people showed up.
Half of proceeds from Sunday’s event will go to the Make-a-Wish Foundation, while the rest will go to the West Sacramento children’s programs and other local community organizations.