UPDATE: Pedestrian Dies After Being Hit By Light Rail Train In Rancho Cordova
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A pedestrian who was hit by a light rail train in Rancho Cordova has died.
The incident happened 7:17 a.m. Tuesday as the train was approaching the Zinfandel Station, according to Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Norm Leong. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The pedestrian is described as a man in his 40s. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Police are investigating the circumstances that led up to the incident.
Meantime, rail service has been fully restored at the station.