UPDATE: Pedestrian Dies After Being Hit By Light Rail Train In Rancho Cordova
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A pedestrian who was hit by a light rail train in Rancho Cordova has died.
The incident happened 7:17 a.m. Tuesday as the train was approaching the Zinfandel Station, according to Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Norm Leong. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The pedestrian is described as a man in his 40s. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Police are investigating the circumstances that led up to the incident.
Meantime, rail service has been fully restored at the station.