UPDATE: Pedestrian Dies After Being Hit By Light Rail Train In Rancho Cordova
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A pedestrian who was hit by a light rail train in Rancho Cordova has died.
The incident happened 7:17 a.m. Tuesday as the train was approaching the Zinfandel Station, according to Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Norm Leong. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The pedestrian is described as a man in his 40s. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Police are investigating the circumstances that led up to the incident.
Meantime, rail service has been fully restored at the station.