UPDATE: Pedestrian Dies After Being Hit By Light Rail Train In Rancho Cordova
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA (CBS13) – A pedestrian who was hit by a light rail train in Rancho Cordova has died.
The incident happened 7:17 a.m. Tuesday as the train was approaching the Zinfandel Station, according to Sacramento Police Department spokesperson Norm Leong. He was taken to the hospital where he later died.
The pedestrian is described as a man in his 40s. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
Police are investigating the circumstances that led up to the incident.
Meantime, rail service has been fully restored at the station.