Family Says Alarm Clock Helped Them Safely Escape From Burning Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A family says they have an alarm clock to thank for their safety.
The fire happened at a home on 53rd Avenue in South Sacramento. At around 3 a.m. the alarm went off, but the homeowner hit the snooze button. At around that time, there was a blast in the kitchen, catching the house on fire.
The residents were able to get out safely.
Arson investigators are on the scene trying to determine the cause of the fire. The family thinks the stove could be to blame.