Man, 23, Killed By Stray Bullet In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A 23-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Stockton – with authorities saying that he was not the intended target.
Stockton Police say that officers were called to Main Street and Sharon Avenue around 6:16 p.m. Tuesday for a report about a person shot inside a car. At the scene, they found the man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The man was taken to the UC Davis Medical Center in critical condition. Authorities did not expect the man to survive.
Wednesday, authorities announced that the man had died from his injuries.
Investigators believe that the man was driving home down Main Street and was hit by a stray bullet intended for someone else. The man was by himself in the car.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident. Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call the Stockton Police Department.