Man, 23, Killed By Stray Bullet In Stockton
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A 23-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Stockton – with authorities saying that he was not the intended target.
Stockton Police say that officers were called to Main Street and Sharon Avenue around 6:16 p.m. Tuesday for a report about a person shot inside a car. At the scene, they found the man suffering from a gunshot wound.
The man was taken to the UC Davis Medical Center in critical condition. Authorities did not expect the man to survive.
Wednesday, authorities announced that the man had died from his injuries.
Investigators believe that the man was driving home down Main Street and was hit by a stray bullet intended for someone else. The man was by himself in the car.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident. Anyone with more information about the incident is asked to call the Stockton Police Department.