Tracy School Temporarily Locked Down After Officers Hear Gunfire Nearby
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
TRACY (CBS13) – A Tracy elementary school was locked down Wednesday morning due to a situation in a nearby neighborhood.
Tracy Police say that officers were called to the 800 block of Shelborne Drive just after 7:30 a.m. for a family disturbance. Responding officers soon found and rescued a person who had reportedly barricaded themselves in an upstairs bedroom.
But, the officers then heard gunshots coming from inside the home. The nearby school, Monticello Elementary School, was put on precautionary lockdown as a perimeter was set up around the school.
As the perimeter was being set up, police say, the suspect – a male juvenile – ran onto school grounds. He was confronted by Tracy Police officers and was arrested.
Police say the juvenile wasn’t armed when he ran onto campus, but two firearms were later found inside his home.
Authorities are still investigating the incident.