Tracy School Temporarily Locked Down After Officers Hear Gunfire Nearby
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
TRACY (CBS13) – A Tracy elementary school was locked down Wednesday morning due to a situation in a nearby neighborhood.
Tracy Police say that officers were called to the 800 block of Shelborne Drive just after 7:30 a.m. for a family disturbance. Responding officers soon found and rescued a person who had reportedly barricaded themselves in an upstairs bedroom.
But, the officers then heard gunshots coming from inside the home. The nearby school, Monticello Elementary School, was put on precautionary lockdown as a perimeter was set up around the school.
As the perimeter was being set up, police say, the suspect – a male juvenile – ran onto school grounds. He was confronted by Tracy Police officers and was arrested.
Police say the juvenile wasn’t armed when he ran onto campus, but two firearms were later found inside his home.
Authorities are still investigating the incident.