Roseville Man Suspected Of Stabbing Father Shot By Officer
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A 55-year-old man is suspected of fatally stabbing his 85-year-old father, Roseville Police say.
The incident happened back on Tuesday, according to information from the Roseville Police Department. Officers and fire crews were called to a home along the 1100 block of Windermere Avenue around 6:20 a.m. for a reported stabbing.
At the scene, officers were greeted by the suspect, 55-year-old Patrick Allen Burke, holding a large knife. Police say that Patrick tried to attack the officer, forcing the officer to shoot Patrick.
More officers were called to the scene and the stabbing victim, 85-year-old Lonnie Burke, was found inside the home. Police say the Lonnie had been stabbed multiple times.
Both Patrick and Lonnie were taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center. Lonnie died of his injuries Wednesday, police say, while Patrick remains in serious condition, but is expected to survive.
Investigators say they have not found any evidence yet about an argument before the attack, but the incident is still being investigated. Per standard procedure following officer-involved shootings, the officer who fired at Patrick has been placed on paid administrative leave.