Roseville Man Suspected Of Stabbing Father Shot By Officer
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A 55-year-old man is suspected of fatally stabbing his 85-year-old father, Roseville Police say.
The incident happened back on Tuesday, according to information from the Roseville Police Department. Officers and fire crews were called to a home along the 1100 block of Windermere Avenue around 6:20 a.m. for a reported stabbing.
At the scene, officers were greeted by the suspect, 55-year-old Patrick Allen Burke, holding a large knife. Police say that Patrick tried to attack the officer, forcing the officer to shoot Patrick.
More officers were called to the scene and the stabbing victim, 85-year-old Lonnie Burke, was found inside the home. Police say the Lonnie had been stabbed multiple times.
Both Patrick and Lonnie were taken to Sutter Roseville Medical Center. Lonnie died of his injuries Wednesday, police say, while Patrick remains in serious condition, but is expected to survive.
Investigators say they have not found any evidence yet about an argument before the attack, but the incident is still being investigated. Per standard procedure following officer-involved shootings, the officer who fired at Patrick has been placed on paid administrative leave.