Certain parts of downtown Sacramento will be closed this weekend for Stage 1 of the Amgen Tour of California and its lifestyle festival.
- 10th Street from N to L Streets: May 9 from 7 p.m. to May 11 at 11 p.m.
- L Street from 9th to 15th Streets: May 10 at 7 a.m. traffic will be limited.
- 12 Street from J to L Streets: May 10 at 7 a.m. Limited to Hyatt vehicle traffic and foot traffic.
- L Street from 9th to 15th Streets: May 11 from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The following streets along the race route will be closed intermittently from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.:
- West on L Street to 11th
- North on 9th Street
- West on F Street
- North on 7th Street
- West on Richards Boulevard
- North on Jibboom into Discovery Park
- West on Garden Highway until city limits
Click here for a map of Stage 1.
Finding a parking lot near the route will be difficult since the about 600 spaces will be posted as “no-parking” until Sunday.
From now until Sunday at 11 p.m. parking will be prohibited on L Street from 10th to 12th; 10th from N to K; L from 10th to 9th.
On Sunday between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. there will be no parking around the State Capitol and 26 additional blocks downtown.
The city recommends using the City Hall Garage at 10th and I streets, Memorial Garage at 14th and H streets, Old Sacramento Garage at 3rd and I streets, the Downtown Plaza West Garage at L and 3rd street, the Downtown Plaza East Garage with entrances on J and L streets and the Tower Bridge garage off Capitol. Click here for a list of city-owned parking facilities.