Another Piece Of New Folsom Dam Spillway Makes Its Way Down
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Another massive gate for the new Folsom Dam spillway has arrived in Yolo County Friday morning.
Later Friday night, the gate will travel from Dunnigan to the new spillway being built next to the original dam.
This so-called “tainter gate” is bigger than the bulkhead gate that came through in March, forcing rolling closures of the freeways it crossed.
The new spillway will allow officials to start releasing water sooner if and when a large storm occurs.