Another Piece Of New Folsom Dam Spillway Makes Its Way Down
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Another massive gate for the new Folsom Dam spillway has arrived in Yolo County Friday morning.
Later Friday night, the gate will travel from Dunnigan to the new spillway being built next to the original dam.
This so-called “tainter gate” is bigger than the bulkhead gate that came through in March, forcing rolling closures of the freeways it crossed.
The new spillway will allow officials to start releasing water sooner if and when a large storm occurs.