Another Piece Of New Folsom Dam Spillway Makes Its Way Down
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Another massive gate for the new Folsom Dam spillway has arrived in Yolo County Friday morning.
Later Friday night, the gate will travel from Dunnigan to the new spillway being built next to the original dam.
This so-called “tainter gate” is bigger than the bulkhead gate that came through in March, forcing rolling closures of the freeways it crossed.
The new spillway will allow officials to start releasing water sooner if and when a large storm occurs.