Another Piece Of New Folsom Dam Spillway Makes Its Way Down
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Another massive gate for the new Folsom Dam spillway has arrived in Yolo County Friday morning.
Later Friday night, the gate will travel from Dunnigan to the new spillway being built next to the original dam.
This so-called “tainter gate” is bigger than the bulkhead gate that came through in March, forcing rolling closures of the freeways it crossed.
The new spillway will allow officials to start releasing water sooner if and when a large storm occurs.