Another Piece Of New Folsom Dam Spillway Makes Its Way Down
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
DUNNIGAN (CBS13) – Another massive gate for the new Folsom Dam spillway has arrived in Yolo County Friday morning.
Later Friday night, the gate will travel from Dunnigan to the new spillway being built next to the original dam.
This so-called “tainter gate” is bigger than the bulkhead gate that came through in March, forcing rolling closures of the freeways it crossed.
The new spillway will allow officials to start releasing water sooner if and when a large storm occurs.