Cal Fire: Changing Locks At Facilities Across State Unrealistic
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
IONE (CBS13) – Cal Fire officials say that they have made sure to heighten security at the former workplace of wanted murder suspect Orville Fleming.
However, officials also noted that it would be unrealistic to change the keys to the hundreds of facilities and areas Fleming has access to, Cal Fire Public Information Officer Daniel Berlant told CBS13. Authorities have warned that Fleming has the keys to Cal Fire areas across the state.
Fleming, who was fired from his position Thursday due to missing five consecutive days of work, was posted at the Cal Fire Academy in Ione. About 124 staff and students work at the facility and all have been briefed on the situation surrounding Fleming.
Everyone at the academy and all Cal Fire personnel have been told to report any suspicious immediately, Berlant said.