Detectives: Video Shows Clarksburg Special Ed Teacher Stealing Medication
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
CLARKSBURG (CBS13) – Detectives announced that it was incriminating video footage that led to the arrest of a Yolo County teacher.
Sheri Laverne Haselhuhn, as reported by CBS13 Thursday, was the topic of conversation as parents picked up their kids at school on Thursday after news spread about allegations she had stolen medications from her own students.
As revealed by the Yolo County Sheriff’s Office, authorities have been investigating Haselhuhn since Tuesday after the school found that a student’s prescription medication had come up short. School officials said that the drugs were being kept in a locked cabinet in a room under video surveillance.
The school and a deputy reviewed the footage and allegedly saw Haselhuhn opening the cabinet and taking the drugs.
Deputies arrested Haselhuhn at her West Sacramento home around 9 p.m. Wednesday, authorities say. She had bailed out by Thursday afternoon.
Haselhuhn is being charged with burglary and possession of a controlled substance. She is scheduled to appear in court on June 9.