Judge Sentences 2 Men Who Murdered Sacramento Dad, Infant Son To Life In Prison
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A judge has sentenced two men convicted of murdering a 7-month-old baby and his father more than six years ago to life in prison without the the possibility of parole.
Both men were found guilty of two counts of first-degree murder and one count each of residential burglary, and attempted robbery.
The shooting occurred on Sept. 14, 2007 in the 8400 block of County Greens Court in south Sacramento. Aquitania and his baby son were gunned down after they arrived at a friend’s home that was being targeted for a robbery, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s detectives.
Aquitania Sr. was shot twice in the upper-body inside the home, while the baby, who would now be 7, was shot in the head while still strapped into his car seat.
A third suspect, Richard Noguera, was arrested on Oct. 14, 2011, but was eventually released because of insufficient evidence, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.