Judge Sentences 2 Men Who Murdered Sacramento Dad, Infant Son To Life In Prison
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A judge has sentenced two men convicted of murdering a 7-month-old baby and his father more than six years ago to life in prison without the the possibility of parole.
Both men were found guilty of two counts of first-degree murder and one count each of residential burglary, and attempted robbery.
The shooting occurred on Sept. 14, 2007 in the 8400 block of County Greens Court in south Sacramento. Aquitania and his baby son were gunned down after they arrived at a friend’s home that was being targeted for a robbery, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s detectives.
Aquitania Sr. was shot twice in the upper-body inside the home, while the baby, who would now be 7, was shot in the head while still strapped into his car seat.
A third suspect, Richard Noguera, was arrested on Oct. 14, 2011, but was eventually released because of insufficient evidence, according to the Sacramento County District Attorney’s Office.