Davis Woman Celebrates 90th Birthday By Jumping Out Of A Plane
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
DAVIS (CBS13) – A senior citizen decided to take on a daredevil act for her 90th birthday: skydiving.
“Let’s go climb an airplane go have some fun,” Davis resident Sally Maness said.
Sally said the idea started as a joke. Her friend bought her a gift certificate to Skydance Skydiving in Davis as a gag.
But then Sally said, “Why not?”
“He thought nobody, no 90-year-old woman, would do … He was just pulling a joke on me, [but] I called him on it,” Maness said.
So Sally, her son and grandson – who all have skydived before – joined her.
“The generation thing was the best part of the whole thing,” Sally said.
Three generations jumping out of a plane.
“I’ve made a lot of skydives in my day, but this one was kind of,” said Sally’s son Steve Maness.
“We even have our shirts, ‘Fly Sally Fly,’ specially made for the family,” said Sally’s grandson Gene Parker.
With the skydive out of the way, Sally is left wondering what she’ll do on her 100th birthday.
“That’s what I told my granddaughter, ask me then,” Sally said.