Davis Woman Celebrates 90th Birthday By Jumping Out Of A Plane
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A senior citizen decided to take on a daredevil act for her 90th birthday: skydiving.
“Let’s go climb an airplane go have some fun,” Davis resident Sally Maness said.
Sally said the idea started as a joke. Her friend bought her a gift certificate to Skydance Skydiving in Davis as a gag.
But then Sally said, “Why not?”
“He thought nobody, no 90-year-old woman, would do … He was just pulling a joke on me, [but] I called him on it,” Maness said.
So Sally, her son and grandson – who all have skydived before – joined her.
“The generation thing was the best part of the whole thing,” Sally said.
Three generations jumping out of a plane.
“I’ve made a lot of skydives in my day, but this one was kind of,” said Sally’s son Steve Maness.
“We even have our shirts, ‘Fly Sally Fly,’ specially made for the family,” said Sally’s grandson Gene Parker.
With the skydive out of the way, Sally is left wondering what she’ll do on her 100th birthday.
“That’s what I told my granddaughter, ask me then,” Sally said.