Davis Woman Celebrates 90th Birthday By Jumping Out Of A Plane
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS (CBS13) – A senior citizen decided to take on a daredevil act for her 90th birthday: skydiving.
“Let’s go climb an airplane go have some fun,” Davis resident Sally Maness said.
Sally said the idea started as a joke. Her friend bought her a gift certificate to Skydance Skydiving in Davis as a gag.
But then Sally said, “Why not?”
“He thought nobody, no 90-year-old woman, would do … He was just pulling a joke on me, [but] I called him on it,” Maness said.
So Sally, her son and grandson – who all have skydived before – joined her.
“The generation thing was the best part of the whole thing,” Sally said.
Three generations jumping out of a plane.
“I’ve made a lot of skydives in my day, but this one was kind of,” said Sally’s son Steve Maness.
“We even have our shirts, ‘Fly Sally Fly,’ specially made for the family,” said Sally’s grandson Gene Parker.
With the skydive out of the way, Sally is left wondering what she’ll do on her 100th birthday.
“That’s what I told my granddaughter, ask me then,” Sally said.