Major Folsom Roads Closed For Stage 2 Of Tour Of California
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
Some key roadways and bridges in Folsom will be closed for Stage 2 of the Amgen Tour of California today.
Today’s stage is the individual time trial. While the 12.5-mile course will be open during peak commuting hours, according to race organizers, the following roads will be closed or have limited traffic between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Rainbow Bridge and Folsom Lake Crossing will be closed
- Lake Natoma Crossing will be limited to one lane per direction
- Folsom-Auburn Road will be limited to one southbound lane (no northbound traffic)
- East Natoma Street will be closed between Folsom Lake Crossing and Blue Ravine
- Green Valley Road will be closed between the County line and East Natoma Street
- Riley Street will be closed between Sutter Street and Leidesdorff Street in the Historic District
The route starts on Sutter Street and continues onto Riley, goes across the Rainbow Bridge, heads north on Folsom Auburn Road, goes across Folsom Lake Crossing to East Natoma and then to Green Valley road. Riders will make a 180-degree turn on Green Valley near the county line and return over the same route to finish on Leidesdorff Street in Historic Folsom.
City officials expect 10,000 people or more to gather in historic Folsom to view the start and finish of the course and participate in the festival. Spectators can take light rail or walk or ride bikes from the following parking locations to historic Folsom:
- Walmart, Kohl’s and Lembi Park on Riley Street
- Negro Bar State Park on Greenback Lane ($5 fee helps support California State Parks)
- Folsom Civic Center (City Hall, Library, Rodeo Arena)
- On-street parking on public streets south of Natoma Street (park legally and be considerate of residents and businesses)
- The vacant lot on Blue Ravine across from Manseau (easy access to view race on East Natoma & Green Valley)