3 Elk Grove Homes Damaged By Grass Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Three homes were damaged this morning by a fast-moving grass fire in Elk Grove. The two-acre fire broke out Monday afternoon near Laguna Star Drive and Chesterbrook Drive.
The fire started in a field, spreading to trees and embers caught several roofs on fire.
Firefighters say fuels are already dry and could indicate a difficult fire season is ahead.
“A week ago everything was still pretty green, and we’re starting to see some change in how the fire behaves,” Mike McLaughlin Deputy Fire Chief, Cosumnes Fire Department.
In addition to damaging three homes, the fire also spread to an outbuilding. The cause of the fire is under investigation.