3 Elk Grove Homes Damaged By Grass Fire
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Three homes were damaged this morning by a fast-moving grass fire in Elk Grove. The two-acre fire broke out Monday afternoon near Laguna Star Drive and Chesterbrook Drive.
The fire started in a field, spreading to trees and embers caught several roofs on fire.
Firefighters say fuels are already dry and could indicate a difficult fire season is ahead.
“A week ago everything was still pretty green, and we’re starting to see some change in how the fire behaves,” Mike McLaughlin Deputy Fire Chief, Cosumnes Fire Department.
In addition to damaging three homes, the fire also spread to an outbuilding. The cause of the fire is under investigation.