3 Elk Grove Homes Damaged By Grass Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Three homes were damaged this morning by a fast-moving grass fire in Elk Grove. The two-acre fire broke out Monday afternoon near Laguna Star Drive and Chesterbrook Drive.
The fire started in a field, spreading to trees and embers caught several roofs on fire.
Firefighters say fuels are already dry and could indicate a difficult fire season is ahead.
“A week ago everything was still pretty green, and we’re starting to see some change in how the fire behaves,” Mike McLaughlin Deputy Fire Chief, Cosumnes Fire Department.
In addition to damaging three homes, the fire also spread to an outbuilding. The cause of the fire is under investigation.