3 Elk Grove Homes Damaged By Grass Fire
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Three homes were damaged this morning by a fast-moving grass fire in Elk Grove. The two-acre fire broke out Monday afternoon near Laguna Star Drive and Chesterbrook Drive.
The fire started in a field, spreading to trees and embers caught several roofs on fire.
Firefighters say fuels are already dry and could indicate a difficult fire season is ahead.
“A week ago everything was still pretty green, and we’re starting to see some change in how the fire behaves,” Mike McLaughlin Deputy Fire Chief, Cosumnes Fire Department.
In addition to damaging three homes, the fire also spread to an outbuilding. The cause of the fire is under investigation.