Police: Stockton Baby Dies From Abuse, Foster Father Charged
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police have announced that a 10-month-old girl suspected to have been abused by her foster father has died.
Paul Teldeschi, 37, is now facing child abuse resulting in death charges, Stockton police say.
The incident happened back on March 30, according to the Stockton Police Department. The girl was taken to a Stockton-area hospital, then mediflighted to Oakland Children’s Hospital. She was said to be suffering from severe injuries from abuse and was not expected to survive.
Investigators found that the abuse took place at a home along the 200 block of E. Cleveland Avenue. Teldeschi, the girl’s foster father, is believed to have been the attacker.
Teldeschi was arrested on April 17 in Belmont on a charge of felony child abuse. The charges were upgraded to child abuse resulting in death following the girl’s death on May 9.
Detectives say they are waiting on autopsy results to determine if more charges will be filed against Teldeschi.