Police: Stockton Baby Dies From Abuse, Foster Father Charged
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – Police have announced that a 10-month-old girl suspected to have been abused by her foster father has died.
Paul Teldeschi, 37, is now facing child abuse resulting in death charges, Stockton police say.
The incident happened back on March 30, according to the Stockton Police Department. The girl was taken to a Stockton-area hospital, then mediflighted to Oakland Children’s Hospital. She was said to be suffering from severe injuries from abuse and was not expected to survive.
Investigators found that the abuse took place at a home along the 200 block of E. Cleveland Avenue. Teldeschi, the girl’s foster father, is believed to have been the attacker.
Teldeschi was arrested on April 17 in Belmont on a charge of felony child abuse. The charges were upgraded to child abuse resulting in death following the girl’s death on May 9.
Detectives say they are waiting on autopsy results to determine if more charges will be filed against Teldeschi.