Caltrans Announces Eastbound Fix 50 Project Will Finish Early, Lanes Open Friday Morning
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Caltrans announced on Thursday that work on the Eastbound portion of the Fix 50 project will finish early and all eastbound lanes will reopen by Friday morning.
Work was expected to end next week in advance of Memorial Day weekend.
The westbound phase of the project is still slated to begin after Memorial Day, giving commuters 10 days of construction-free traffic.
A pause between the eastbound and westbound sections of the project was already planned for Memorial Day to accommodate the Sacramento Music Festival and Memorial Day commuters.
Westbound work will run between May 27 and June 25 in two phases:
- Phase 1: Begins midnight on May 27, runs through June 10. No ramps will be affected during work.
- Phase 2: June 11 to 25. Connector from WB business 80 to WB 50 will be closed, as will the 16th Street offramp.