Caltrans Announces Eastbound Fix 50 Project Will Finish Early, Lanes Open Friday Morning
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Caltrans announced on Thursday that work on the Eastbound portion of the Fix 50 project will finish early and all eastbound lanes will reopen by Friday morning.
Work was expected to end next week in advance of Memorial Day weekend.
The westbound phase of the project is still slated to begin after Memorial Day, giving commuters 10 days of construction-free traffic.
A pause between the eastbound and westbound sections of the project was already planned for Memorial Day to accommodate the Sacramento Music Festival and Memorial Day commuters.
Westbound work will run between May 27 and June 25 in two phases:
- Phase 1: Begins midnight on May 27, runs through June 10. No ramps will be affected during work.
- Phase 2: June 11 to 25. Connector from WB business 80 to WB 50 will be closed, as will the 16th Street offramp.