Police: Rocklin Man Killed Roommate’s Dog
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – Police say that a Rocklin man killed his roommate’s dog for barking too much.
Officers were called to the 6000 block of Woodside Drive a little before 9 a.m. Wednesday for a reported animal cruelty incident, Rocklin police wrote in a release. The officers soon found a dog dead at the scene.
Police say that the owner of the dog told them that her roommate – 23-year-old Cody McKie – was upset with how her dogs were barking. She said that McKie went into the backyard then came back a little bit later. She then went to go check on her dogs and found that one of them was dead. The dog was said to be bleeding from its head.
After a short investigation by police and animal control officers, McKie was arrested on a charge of animal cruelty.
McKie was booked at Placer County Jail and is being held on $75,000 bail.