Stockton Police Officer Shoots Suspect Who Fired Weapon During Fight
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton Police officer shot a suspect who drew a weapon during a fight on Thursday afternoon.
An officer arrived at the scene of a fight in progress on Glendora Avenue where a suspect was shooting at a victim in the parking lot, Stockton Police say. That victim was not injured and was not shooting at the suspect.
The officer intervened and when the suspect refused to drop his weapon, he opened fire. The suspect was hit three times but is expected to survive his injuries..
After being shot, he put the gun down near a car and started to walk away, but the officer took him into custody.
The suspect — identified as 20-year-old Stockton resident Christian Lee Hof — has been taken to the hospital and is under police guard. He is facing two charges of assault with a deadly weapon: one for the alleged fight and the other for the incident with the police officer.
Hof’s gun — a 5-shot, .357 revolver — was recovered at the scene, along with 4 expended casings. The gun still had one live round left over.