Stockton Police Officer Shoots Suspect Who Fired Weapon During Fight
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
STOCKTON (CBS13) — A Stockton Police officer shot a suspect who drew a weapon during a fight on Thursday afternoon.
An officer arrived at the scene of a fight in progress on Glendora Avenue where a suspect was shooting at a victim in the parking lot, Stockton Police say. That victim was not injured and was not shooting at the suspect.
The officer intervened and when the suspect refused to drop his weapon, he opened fire. The suspect was hit three times but is expected to survive his injuries..
After being shot, he put the gun down near a car and started to walk away, but the officer took him into custody.
The suspect — identified as 20-year-old Stockton resident Christian Lee Hof — has been taken to the hospital and is under police guard. He is facing two charges of assault with a deadly weapon: one for the alleged fight and the other for the incident with the police officer.
Hof’s gun — a 5-shot, .357 revolver — was recovered at the scene, along with 4 expended casings. The gun still had one live round left over.